Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As a songwriter, Music Memos has been and incredible tool. Will Voice Memos or GarageBand band include its capabilities?

I love the key and chord detection, the smart bass and drum parts that Music Memo generates, as well as the notes for lyrics. None of this is in Voice Memos. My transferred files are just plain recordings. I have over 80 song ideas captured in Music Memos. This is terrible news. Does Apple plan to replicate this functionality in GarageBand or just cut us off with this “Dead End”?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:04 AM

See this support article:--> Transition from Music Memos to Voice Memos - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 25, 2020 1:16 PM in response to melville163

I concur, I am a songwriter as well and have used music memo along with its accompanying drums and bass for years. Are you saying, I will not be able to bounce, mix or listen to all the music I've created with any accompaniment or the smart bars and measures and music notation. Or does it still work for older OS users. If it does still work. What is the best way mix or bounce to an external hard drive. Or daw or Pro Tools or Avid. ? What's the point in recording these brilliant ideas if you're just going to trash them without any disregard to your own customer's property.?

As a songwriter, Music Memos has been and incredible tool. Will Voice Memos or GarageBand band include its capabilities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.