Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts have not transferred to my new ipad, what do i need to do?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 9:08 AM

The answer to that would depend on how you were managing your contacts to start with. If iCloud, turn on Contacts in iCloud on the new iPad, as long as you are using the same Apple ID. If an email account, make sure that same account is on the new iPad and turn on Contacts there. If the contacts were not in an account and were just resident on the iPad itself, they would be transferred by restoring the iPad to a backup of the old iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 9:08 AM in response to GYurk

The answer to that would depend on how you were managing your contacts to start with. If iCloud, turn on Contacts in iCloud on the new iPad, as long as you are using the same Apple ID. If an email account, make sure that same account is on the new iPad and turn on Contacts there. If the contacts were not in an account and were just resident on the iPad itself, they would be transferred by restoring the iPad to a backup of the old iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.