Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Apple support“ sent me an email receipt for music I did not purchase. I don’t want to go to the refund link.

Is someone up to shenanigans?

has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 5:27 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, k35string!

We understand you've received an email claiming to be from Apple Support. We'd be happy to provide information on what to do about this.

Since this email is not actually from Apple Support, you'll want to report the email by using the steps here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

"If you get a suspicious email or message

Scammers try to copy email and text messages from legitimate companies to trick you into giving them your personal information and passwords. These signs can help you identify scams: 

• The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
  • The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
  • A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.*
  • The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
  • The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
  • The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment.

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls."

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 5:27 AM in response to k35string

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, k35string!

We understand you've received an email claiming to be from Apple Support. We'd be happy to provide information on what to do about this.

Since this email is not actually from Apple Support, you'll want to report the email by using the steps here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

"If you get a suspicious email or message

Scammers try to copy email and text messages from legitimate companies to trick you into giving them your personal information and passwords. These signs can help you identify scams: 

• The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
  • The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
  • A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.*
  • The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
  • The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
  • The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment.

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls."

Have a great day!

“Apple support“ sent me an email receipt for music I did not purchase. I don’t want to go to the refund link.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.