Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi speed test drop and not consistence on iPhone 12 and MacBook Pro m1

hi.. I have an issue here.i used tp link ax1500 router at home with 300mbps speed.the problem is when I connected both device (iPhone 12 Pro max and the MacBook Pro m1) the wifi speed drop to 80-120mbps in 5g channel which I suppose get maximum speed 300mbps.when I turn off wifi on iPhone 12,i can get normal speed on my MacBook 300mbps.it same when I switch off MacBook wifi and I can get normal speed on my iPhone.i cannot connect both device to get maximum speed.anyone can suggest something to help me solve this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 7:11 AM

Your home Network should support the connection of about 25 devices with no slowdowns.

Only when they are ACTIVELY transferring data do they begin to influence each other's throughput (but NOT Transmit rate).

4 replies

Dec 25, 2020 11:19 AM in response to peacefais

How are you testing the WiFi speed? The way you test (simultaneous downloads over the internet, downloads one at a time, versus sending data between devices, etc.) will affect the results.

This is mostly having to do with how your router is configured, versus an issue with the MacBook Pro. The phone works independently from the Mac, so the Mac itself won't affect the phone speed, but both are going through the router.

Also, are you using iCloud on both devices?

wifi speed test drop and not consistence on iPhone 12 and MacBook Pro m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.