Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background changed to black using iOS 14.3 on iPhone 11

The background is black when I use apps like Message and email. It was white and I'm not sure why is changed to black suddenly. I have tried changing the dark mode on and off. (I have not used dark mode because I don't like it.) I can't seem to get the screen back to a white background. The exception would be Apple Books because the is a font and color option in the app.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sue K

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 12:37 PM

Thank you for your response. After continuing to research my issue, I found that I somehow “inverted” things. I was able to correct the problem in Settings; Accessibility; Display and Text Size.

3 replies

Dec 27, 2020 11:59 AM in response to wolfsafe

Hi wolfsafe,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with the background of your iPhone11. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, it does seem like Dark mode is enabled but you mentioned that you have tried changing that by turning it on and off. Do you notice any changes when you click to Light mode? Check out how to Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch so we can be sure that you're in the correct Setting to make those changes. Then, check to see if Automatic is enabled and, if it is, what Options are chosen. Adjusting those Settings can help too.

Hope that helps!

Background changed to black using iOS 14.3 on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.