Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer data from my PC to my new iMac?

How do I move data from my PC to my new Mac?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 12:42 PM

Please read the following link and follow the steps. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204087

If you stuck anywhere along the way, please contact AppleCare, you can find the phone number in your area by clicking AppleCare Contact Info.

Please take your time and be methodical. Despite what the advice says, do not use Wi-Fi, it normally does not have the bandwidth to do the job. Don't worry millions have gone before you (including myself about 20 years ago). Decide what data is important to you like your photos, music, movie, critical docs etc...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 12:42 PM in response to Jbb53

Please read the following link and follow the steps. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204087

If you stuck anywhere along the way, please contact AppleCare, you can find the phone number in your area by clicking AppleCare Contact Info.

Please take your time and be methodical. Despite what the advice says, do not use Wi-Fi, it normally does not have the bandwidth to do the job. Don't worry millions have gone before you (including myself about 20 years ago). Decide what data is important to you like your photos, music, movie, critical docs etc...

Dec 25, 2020 12:38 PM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87 wrote:

Please read the following link and follow the steps. If you stuck anywhere along the way, please contact AppleCare, you can find the phone number in your area by clicking AppleCare Contact Info.

I think you meant to include this link: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

How do I transfer data from my PC to my new iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.