Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes can't / won't play or import a certain CD

My iTunes is fine. I continue to be able to import new CDs. However, I have one CD that it just won't play or import. It ejects the CD after about 10 seconds. The CD is *not* scratched or anything and *does* play in a CD player/radio. I tried going into Preferences:General:Import Settings and turning on error correction - but that didn't help either.

FWIW, the CD is Springsteen's "Western Stars". I don't know if they recorded it in some funky format or what. FWIW, Springsteen's latest CD ("Letter To You") imported without any problems.

I don't know what else I can do to diagnose the problem.

Thanks for any suggestions. (and don't tell me to stop listening to Bruce...)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 5:47 PM

T-Didy,

It happens occasionally. Sometimes the culprit is copy protection on the CD. First try the classic iTunes advice and check your error correction setting; if it is on, turn it off, and if it is off, turn it on. If that does not help, try to get access to another computer and see if it will rip there. (I once had a CD that would not rip in iTunes for Windows but ripped fine in iTunes on Mac.) if it succeeds, bring the files back to your own computer on a flash drive or other convenient means.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 5:47 PM in response to T-Didy

T-Didy,

It happens occasionally. Sometimes the culprit is copy protection on the CD. First try the classic iTunes advice and check your error correction setting; if it is on, turn it off, and if it is off, turn it on. If that does not help, try to get access to another computer and see if it will rip there. (I once had a CD that would not rip in iTunes for Windows but ripped fine in iTunes on Mac.) if it succeeds, bring the files back to your own computer on a flash drive or other convenient means.

iTunes can't / won't play or import a certain CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.