Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I add an iwatch to my phone is there an additional monthly fee?

If I buy and apple watch to add to my apple phone is there an additional monthly fee? I am thinking about buying myself an apple watch.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 5:47 PM

Only if it's the cellular version of the watch;

What happens is you pay an extra monthly fee on your existing phone contract, the watch uses your existing phone number to make calls in the US it's about $10 per month and about £10 in the UK,that is for the cellular version of the watch.

If you buy the GPS only version of the watch you can make calls and send texts as long as you have your phone with you,with the cellular version of the watch you can make calls and send texts without having your phone with you.So in reality your paying $10/£10 a month so that you can leave your phone at home.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 5:47 PM in response to k9rotehexe

Only if it's the cellular version of the watch;

What happens is you pay an extra monthly fee on your existing phone contract, the watch uses your existing phone number to make calls in the US it's about $10 per month and about £10 in the UK,that is for the cellular version of the watch.

If you buy the GPS only version of the watch you can make calls and send texts as long as you have your phone with you,with the cellular version of the watch you can make calls and send texts without having your phone with you.So in reality your paying $10/£10 a month so that you can leave your phone at home.

If I add an iwatch to my phone is there an additional monthly fee?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.