Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPad is really old I hardly use has 9.2 can they’ve updated manually to anything else

Can it be updated

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:21 PM

Welcome, KathySJones, to Apple Support Communities!

My old iPad 3 (the “New” iPad, first Retina display, last with 30-pin connector) wouldn’t go beyond iOS 9.3.6 (it had Cellular). (That would be only iOS 9.3.5, without Cellular.)

It, and your iPad, simply doesn’t have the minimum hardware necessary for later versions of iOS.

Additionally, ever fewer Apps are still available for iOS versions prior to version 11. (Even versions prior to version 13 don’t support some Apps.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 7:21 PM in response to KathySJones

Welcome, KathySJones, to Apple Support Communities!

My old iPad 3 (the “New” iPad, first Retina display, last with 30-pin connector) wouldn’t go beyond iOS 9.3.6 (it had Cellular). (That would be only iOS 9.3.5, without Cellular.)

It, and your iPad, simply doesn’t have the minimum hardware necessary for later versions of iOS.

Additionally, ever fewer Apps are still available for iOS versions prior to version 11. (Even versions prior to version 13 don’t support some Apps.)

My IPad is really old I hardly use has 9.2 can they’ve updated manually to anything else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.