Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve whatsapp back up on icloud

Please I accidentaly erase my iphone and lost all my whatsapp chats and previous back up which was 3gb

Please I want to know if I can retrieve it back. I have check Icloud recovery files but it is not there

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:58 AM

Log into WhatsApp with the same Phone number that was used to backup. If it prompts you to update chat history, then you use it or else check the Phone Number. WhatsApp chat history can be deleted via WhatsApp only.

Even if you erase your iPhone the chat history remains on iCloud Drive and is accessible only through WhatsApp.

WhatsApp Backup is taken on iCloud and while restoring, it verifies your Phone number.

• The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can't restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
  • Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.

Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 1:58 AM in response to blessingamoah2

Log into WhatsApp with the same Phone number that was used to backup. If it prompts you to update chat history, then you use it or else check the Phone Number. WhatsApp chat history can be deleted via WhatsApp only.

Even if you erase your iPhone the chat history remains on iCloud Drive and is accessible only through WhatsApp.

WhatsApp Backup is taken on iCloud and while restoring, it verifies your Phone number.

• The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can't restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
  • Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.

Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

Retrieve whatsapp back up on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.