Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up from my old phone to the new one

How can I transfer from my old phone to the new one my details and apps. I did the back up and when I open my new phone it didn’t ask to transfer from my old phone.

i have to do everything from scratch.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 7:45 AM

Hi kalliopi274,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with moving your data from an old iPhone to your new one. We'd like to help.

It sounds like you've already set up your new iPhone. If you have, you will need to erase the data again so you can get to the Setup Assistant again. These steps will help you get this done:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 7:45 AM in response to kalliopi274

Hi kalliopi274,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with moving your data from an old iPhone to your new one. We'd like to help.

It sounds like you've already set up your new iPhone. If you have, you will need to erase the data again so you can get to the Setup Assistant again. These steps will help you get this done:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Hope that helps!

Back up from my old phone to the new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.