Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps

I got the new iPhone 12 and transferred from my new phone to my old phone and barely any of my apps will re download they just keep saying loading or waiting and it has been over a day

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 7:52 AM

Try going into Settings > App Store and turn off the switches for Automatic Download..

(or if they were already off, try turning them on?)

See if that jump starts the downloads.

Otherwise try a force restart

• Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Here is a support article that may or may not help

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device - Apple Support

If all else fails Get Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 7:52 AM in response to Luckyds0930

Try going into Settings > App Store and turn off the switches for Automatic Download..

(or if they were already off, try turning them on?)

See if that jump starts the downloads.

Otherwise try a force restart

• Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Here is a support article that may or may not help

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device - Apple Support

If all else fails Get Support

Dec 26, 2020 11:29 AM in response to Chris0107

I have the same issue. Just did Quick Start to transfer my iPhone 8 to my new iPhone 12. Everything worked except the apps are all stuck at 7 o'clock. Hard reset doesn't help. I can't use any of the apps other than the ones native to the phone (like iMessage). Not sure what to do at this point. Can't download them from the App Store as nothing happens when download is selected for any of the problem apps. Not good.

Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.