Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my password won't work on my new computer after migration

I received a new laptop for a holiday gift and I used migration assistant to move everything, but once that was completed my new laptop needs a password which I assumed would be the one from my old computer and it won't work.

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 9:57 AM

Hi Holly,

I also got a MacBook Pro this holiday and had issues setting up my Apple ID. To solve my issue I connected all my devices to the same network and updated my Apple ID info on all my peripheral devices. About an hour after I updated my account info, my Mac accepted my password. Hope this helps!

5 replies

Dec 26, 2020 11:22 AM in response to MyCoalBurger

Thank you so much! I ended up calling AppleCare because I have a computer from 2015 that I love and that is fine for me but my husband really wanted to check out this new chip so he got me this new one and I was afraid I would break it! Meanwhile my old one is covered and so many cool stickers and my new one is too pristine for that. I guess I’ll have to drop it or something😂😂😂

my password won't work on my new computer after migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.