Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn on double-sided printing option when it is grayed out?

I have an Epson 3760 printer with a double-sided printing option. I have an iMac 27 inch; late 2013; 3.5 GHz Quad Intel Core i7 running Catalina vs 10.15.7.

I previously had the ability to print double sided. I can print double sided from my iPhone. I printed a multi-page document from MS Word yesterday and unchecked the double-sided printing. Today, that double-sided option check box has disappeared.

Why is my double sided option grayed out? How do I turn it back on?

iMac 27″, 10.15

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:33 AM

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. I did find a solution to the issue of not having the two-sided printing option available in the iMac OS. During the upgrade to Catalina on my iMac and the update to the Epson software driver, I reinstalled the printer; the choice not to select "AirPrint" under the "use" dropdown affected the double sided printing option.

For others having this issue, when adding your printer, under the "use" dropdown menu, be sure that "AirPrint" is selected. (I had selected the name of the printer.)

Here is a link to an excellent tutorial on "AirPrint". https://youtu.be/vDcq8riBGrU

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 7:33 AM in response to Ronasara

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. I did find a solution to the issue of not having the two-sided printing option available in the iMac OS. During the upgrade to Catalina on my iMac and the update to the Epson software driver, I reinstalled the printer; the choice not to select "AirPrint" under the "use" dropdown affected the double sided printing option.

For others having this issue, when adding your printer, under the "use" dropdown menu, be sure that "AirPrint" is selected. (I had selected the name of the printer.)

Here is a link to an excellent tutorial on "AirPrint". https://youtu.be/vDcq8riBGrU

How to turn on double-sided printing option when it is grayed out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.