Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer presets don't save in Ventura

After updating to Ventura, my printer presets no longer work and creating new ones don't actually save the settings. I have a job where I need to specify the tray to print from. In the print dialog I am able to setup all of the settings I need for the job i.e. duplexing, paper tray, etc. From there I "Save current settings as preset..." and click print. The next time however, when I select the preset, it doesn't actually recall the settings. For example, my paper tray is always back to "auto" instead of the one that I saved in the preset. This is on an HP printer but I have found many reports across the internet with this same issue on many different makes of printers - so I don't believe it's specific to HP. Can you please assist?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 6:49 PM

I am having this same problem although I am using a Brother printer and running Ventura 13.1. After spending over an hour on the phone with tech support trying every conceivable troubleshoot, Apple acknowledged that problems with the presets in Ventura are known to exist and the only current fix is to NOT use the presets and therefore manually select/deselect whatever options are needed each time you need to print. Total pain....

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 6:49 PM in response to Jdcompman

I am having this same problem although I am using a Brother printer and running Ventura 13.1. After spending over an hour on the phone with tech support trying every conceivable troubleshoot, Apple acknowledged that problems with the presets in Ventura are known to exist and the only current fix is to NOT use the presets and therefore manually select/deselect whatever options are needed each time you need to print. Total pain....

Jan 29, 2023 7:17 AM in response to jagmuff

I am coming to the conclusion that the only way to solve this problem is to reinstall Mac OS Catalina or Big Sur on my MacPro so I can consistently print photo material with my HP Z9+ again. Shame on Apple for breaking an important feature for photographers. Downgrading and reinstalling everything will be a pain in the arse and take most of a day to get done, and I will have to haul my Mac Pro into work to use their fast network, and we only have cell phone hotspot internet at my house now (fiber internet maybe will arrive in late March in our rural village in Downeast Maine). I did submit feedback on the things they broke in the print presets, but expect it will take months for Apple engineers to fix this.

Printer presets don't save in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.