Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow and horrible battery life

after I updated my early 2015 13" Macbook air to Bug Sur it's battery life has been terrible (only lasting a few hours on web browsing) and has been very slow when booting up. When I boot my mac up on 100% battery life by the time it's finished the battery has been drained almost half way and takes at least 30 minutes to boot up.

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 7:31 PM

30 minutes! Something is definitely wrong with that.

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac. It's normal for Safe Mode to take a long time to start, so let it finish starting up. Then, log in and use your Mac as you would normally for a little while. An hour at least.

Then, restart your Mac normally (not Safe Mode) and determine if anything changes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 7:31 PM in response to Dkjdkd

30 minutes! Something is definitely wrong with that.

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac. It's normal for Safe Mode to take a long time to start, so let it finish starting up. Then, log in and use your Mac as you would normally for a little while. An hour at least.

Then, restart your Mac normally (not Safe Mode) and determine if anything changes.

slow and horrible battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.