Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery on MacBook doesn't last

Hello Apple Support Community,

I have had my MacBook Pro for about 4-6 months, and the battery is draining faster than expected. With normal usage; safari, google applications, etc; the battery lasts 4-5 hours. When I boot into diagnostics mode, it shows FDP000, or the code for no issues. Please help!

Thanks,

Cohen

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 4:58 AM

Batteries are considered Consumable Products. Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced. The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%. Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 / M2 and Big Sur  & Monterey  and Ventura If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

A feature introduced into Big Sur & Monterey and Ventura was to preserve the number of Full Battery Cycles - there was an Algorithm coded into the macOS.

It is perfectly Normal for Big Sur , Monterey, Ventura to Pause / Suspend charging the battery beyond 80% and hold it at that level. One can nudge / over-ride this by clicking the Battery Icon on Desktop Top Bar and allow charging beyond 80%. From observations, it will Pause / Suspend again once reading 90%. Same procedure to over-ride and will charge to 100%

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 4:58 AM in response to CocoTech

Batteries are considered Consumable Products. Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced. The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%. Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 / M2 and Big Sur  & Monterey  and Ventura If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

A feature introduced into Big Sur & Monterey and Ventura was to preserve the number of Full Battery Cycles - there was an Algorithm coded into the macOS.

It is perfectly Normal for Big Sur , Monterey, Ventura to Pause / Suspend charging the battery beyond 80% and hold it at that level. One can nudge / over-ride this by clicking the Battery Icon on Desktop Top Bar and allow charging beyond 80%. From observations, it will Pause / Suspend again once reading 90%. Same procedure to over-ride and will charge to 100%

Feb 21, 2023 7:40 PM in response to CocoTech

CocoTech wrote:

Hello Apple Support Community,
I have had my MacBook Pro for about 4-6 months, and the battery is draining faster than expected. With normal usage; safari, google applications, etc; the battery lasts 4-5 hours. When I boot into diagnostics mode, it shows FDP000, or the code for no issues. Please help!

Thanks,
Cohen

?

Not seeing your "FDP000"... as they say "garbage in, garbage out"

what exact Mac is this?

what exact macOS are you currently running?

No issues returns code: ADP000.

ref— My battery runtime is low

Get help with your Mac laptop battery - Apple Support

Battery on MacBook doesn't last

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.