Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac book air m1 gets started after pressing any of the key

why my Mac book air m1 gets restarted after pressing any of the key from the keyboard

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 2:31 AM

If you mean the screen is blank until you press a key then it comes to life that’s sounds like normal screen blanking and power save activity. You can configure this in Preferences.

If you are seeing a full reboot, starting with the white Apple logo then a login screen which repeats the cycle when you press a key to enter your passphrase there is a problem. Start by making sure your MacBook is fully charged, and if the problem persists you may need to arrange service, Mac - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 2:31 AM in response to swedit274

If you mean the screen is blank until you press a key then it comes to life that’s sounds like normal screen blanking and power save activity. You can configure this in Preferences.

If you are seeing a full reboot, starting with the white Apple logo then a login screen which repeats the cycle when you press a key to enter your passphrase there is a problem. Start by making sure your MacBook is fully charged, and if the problem persists you may need to arrange service, Mac - Official Apple Support

my mac book air m1 gets started after pressing any of the key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.