Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install Catalina on Late 2012 Mac Mini - missing from the App store

I have a late 2012 mac mini currently running El Capitan.

The latest supported macos is Catalina, which I would like to upgrade to.

However Catalina does not show in the App store - only Big Sur which is not supported on this machine.

How do I upgrade the device to Catalina?

Many thanks

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 8:15 AM

How to get old versions of macOS. Use Safari for the links. Perform a Time Machine backup before any upgrade. Understand that Catalina does not support 32-bit applications, so you may be faced with loss of existing application support in Catalina. I suggest that you use the free Go64 application to verify what is 32-bit before you take the plunge. Also check with your printer/scanner vendor sites to ensure that they still provide driver support for Catalina.

MaOS Mojave still supports 32-bit/64-bit applications and may be a more suitable fit if you discover too many 32-bit application's cannot be upgraded with Catalina.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 8:15 AM in response to lost_traveling

How to get old versions of macOS. Use Safari for the links. Perform a Time Machine backup before any upgrade. Understand that Catalina does not support 32-bit applications, so you may be faced with loss of existing application support in Catalina. I suggest that you use the free Go64 application to verify what is 32-bit before you take the plunge. Also check with your printer/scanner vendor sites to ensure that they still provide driver support for Catalina.

MaOS Mojave still supports 32-bit/64-bit applications and may be a more suitable fit if you discover too many 32-bit application's cannot be upgraded with Catalina.

How to install Catalina on Late 2012 Mac Mini - missing from the App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.