Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore/resetting iPhone

I received a new iPhone XR. My old iPhone was a 6S. Everything was put back on my new iPhone XR and I put the SIM card back. If I reset my iPhone 6S, will everything stay the same on my iPhone XR?

Thx

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 11:25 AM

Hello there Anth0,

Congrats on receiving that new iPhone XR! We can understand your concern with the data being affected if you erase the old iPhone. We're happy to provide some insight into that for you. Once you have all of your data successfully transferred to the new iPhone, erasing the old one will have no effect on the new one at all. Just make sure that you have everything you need saved from the old phone before you erase it, as there is no way to retrieve that info once it's gone. Get the steps if needed to erase that old iPhone here:

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Take care and be safe.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Anth0

Hello there Anth0,

Congrats on receiving that new iPhone XR! We can understand your concern with the data being affected if you erase the old iPhone. We're happy to provide some insight into that for you. Once you have all of your data successfully transferred to the new iPhone, erasing the old one will have no effect on the new one at all. Just make sure that you have everything you need saved from the old phone before you erase it, as there is no way to retrieve that info once it's gone. Get the steps if needed to erase that old iPhone here:

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Take care and be safe.

Restore/resetting iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.