Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Image on iPhoneX Home Screen

Can anyone tell me what this moving image that appears on my iPhoneX Home Screen sporadically is? The inside “star” rotates momentarily and “runs”when iPhone processor “working” ( I can feel a slight vibration in hand) Very sporadic! It is quite pretty yet concerning. Thx

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 11:05 AM

That image is what shows when you activate Siri. Depending on your Settings, Siri can be activated by your saying Hey Siri, or pressing the side button to activate it. When it is moving, Siri is listening for a command. Nothing to be worried about, but you need to understand what Siri is. See this from the iPhone User Guide to help understand Siri. Ask Siri on iPhone - Apple Support From there, you can scroll through the following pages to get an understanding of Siri.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 11:05 AM in response to Wdwkr

That image is what shows when you activate Siri. Depending on your Settings, Siri can be activated by your saying Hey Siri, or pressing the side button to activate it. When it is moving, Siri is listening for a command. Nothing to be worried about, but you need to understand what Siri is. See this from the iPhone User Guide to help understand Siri. Ask Siri on iPhone - Apple Support From there, you can scroll through the following pages to get an understanding of Siri.

Moving Image on iPhoneX Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.