Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes not syncing

Looking at my iPhone, under Notes app>Folders, I see 'iCloud' with a folder called Notes (1 note). I also see 'On My iPhone' with a folder called Notes (30 notes). On my iMac, both directly in app and online from iCloud I can only see the iCloud note, not the 30 iPhone notes. I expect to see my 30 notes backed up. I have Notes checked everywhere I look. What am I doing wrong? My iMac is running Catalina 10.15.7, iPhone is an updated XR. Please explain simply as the concept of syncing seems to evade me.

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:40 PM

I just did a quick research. If your notes are under the "ON MY PHONE" folder in the Notes app, then those notes won't be synched to iCloud and you won't see them on your other devices.

Please look at this article: https://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item23831

5 replies

Dec 27, 2020 1:11 PM in response to wyoberry

The first thing I would try is to turn off Notes synching on your phone and turn it back on. I know, it sounds silly but it may work. The 2nd thing I'd try is to sign out from Apple ID on your phone (Open Settings, tap your name, scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out). Reboot your phone and sign back in following the same steps.

Dec 27, 2020 3:57 PM in response to 6x6

Thanks for the reply! First suggestion didn't work if I'm understanding where you turn syncing on/off (certainly doesn't say syncing). I don't think 2nd suggestion worked BUT before signing out, because the warnings make one feel like all will be lost, I found a way to MOVE the notes from On My iPhone to iCloud (also on phone) and that at least gave me access to them on my iMac. I'm not sure it's possible to have the iPhone specific notes sync to iCloud. Anyone know? There is a Notes setting on my phone labeled "On My iPhone" Account--I have that enabled. Maybe this is the culprit?

notes not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.