Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print to exact size?

I scanned an image and want to print the 5”x8” image sized exactly as the original scan. I need it sized exactly because it will printed as a decal on inkjet decal paper.

When I print the image is always stretched to fill the entire letter sized decal sheet... or it is clipped.

How can I print a image sized 5”x8” exactly the same as the original on letter sized decal paper? Can this be done with Photos?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 7:37 PM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2020 10:36 PM in response to Joeswell

Have you tried printing from the Photos app using the Custom option and setting the image at 5" x 8" size? I would think that that would do it.

Another possibility is to drag the image to your desktop, open it in Preview, go to Tools/Adjust Size, and set the size at 5" x 8". Then print it from your desktop. If the image already is 5" x 8" you might not need to set its size in Preview, but just print it directly.

-- Rich

Print to exact size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.