Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch my iPhone and iPad's print settings from 4x6 to 8x11

How do I change the print settings on my iPhone and iPad? It is set at 4x6 and there is no way to change it to 8x11.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:53 AM

I solved this problem today on my iPhone (I’m using the HP smart app)

I also had the problem with air print from my iPhone making every document print at 4 x 6 with no drop down options. I don’t even know what prompted that. But for a month I could not get it to print normally. The, laptop using the HP Smart app had no problem. 

Today after trying countless other suggestions which did not work, (such as uninstalling and reinstalling my printer, uninstalling and reinstalling my app, rebooting my phone and turning on and off the printer, I did something new. 

I used the app on my iphone to “scan” a shopping list and clicked share to print. At which point it asked me set the paper size so I chose normal size. It printed correctly. I then tried a document from my office file using my iPhone  HP smart  app and it air printed it at the correct size. I hope this helps somebody else.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 6:53 AM in response to cjkwk

I solved this problem today on my iPhone (I’m using the HP smart app)

I also had the problem with air print from my iPhone making every document print at 4 x 6 with no drop down options. I don’t even know what prompted that. But for a month I could not get it to print normally. The, laptop using the HP Smart app had no problem. 

Today after trying countless other suggestions which did not work, (such as uninstalling and reinstalling my printer, uninstalling and reinstalling my app, rebooting my phone and turning on and off the printer, I did something new. 

I used the app on my iphone to “scan” a shopping list and clicked share to print. At which point it asked me set the paper size so I chose normal size. It printed correctly. I then tried a document from my office file using my iPhone  HP smart  app and it air printed it at the correct size. I hope this helps somebody else.

Apr 26, 2023 4:15 PM in response to harleyangel

I discovered that the manual button on the front of my printer had changed to 4x6 after printing some photos. My computer still printed out the letter size paper but my iPad was unable to do anything but 4x6. I pressed the letter size button on the printer. Yep. It works correctly now. I know it may not fix your problem but just thought I’d share as it might help someone.

Apr 27, 2023 12:04 AM in response to harleyangel

Hey, that’s great! I did several work-around routines that managed to print correctly, but I had to create a new pdf each time which was irritating. When I realized that the printer had changed itself and all I needed to do was push a button, you can imagine I felt a little silly! I’m so glad you resolved your printing issue. 👏🏻

How do I switch my iPhone and iPad's print settings from 4x6 to 8x11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.