Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There seams to be a problem in the app Store when trying to download macOS 10.14. I get the Note: „This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used ...

There seams to be a problem in the app Store when trying to download macOS 10.14. I get the Note: „This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.“ This means that I am stuck and can not update my imac further - my next step would have to be macOS 10.14. Is it possible to get the App store to fix this bug?

Helgi

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:38 AM

When you go to the App Store Mojave download page does it say Open,

it should say Get or Download.

If you see Open then the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS Mojave .app in the Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac go to the App Store Mojave download page,

do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 2:38 AM in response to helgi256

When you go to the App Store Mojave download page does it say Open,

it should say Get or Download.

If you see Open then the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS Mojave .app in the Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac go to the App Store Mojave download page,

do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Dec 28, 2020 3:15 AM in response to helgi256

I have dowloaded a new version of the maxOS Mojave installer from the app store but when I open it and try to install I get this notification „This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.“ So I presume that the installer in the app Store is damaged. Is it possible to fix that?

Regards

Helgi

Dec 28, 2020 4:06 AM in response to helgi256

AFAIK the Mojave installer has not been updated since fall 2019 so it seems unlikely that it is corrupted at Apple's end (is it the about 6 GB full installer, not a tiny stub installer that has sometimes plagued folks trying to make a bootable USB flash installer?). So try again. Or does booting in safe mode help? Or creating a USB flash drive installer from the download and option-booting from it? Is the Mac's system clock on time (the similar problem with some old installers with old certificates could be fixed by turning the clock backwards while off-line)?

There seams to be a problem in the app Store when trying to download macOS 10.14. I get the Note: „This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.