Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update OS from App Store

I’ve recently wiped everything on my mid-2010 iMac and was able to update to snow leopard. I’ve installed all available updates but for some reason can’t download newer OS versions from the App Store. I started with El Capitan but every time I try the download time is in the double digits and never finishes. I’ve tried earlier versions and get the same thing. I was running High Sierra before I did all this and would like to get back to that. My internet is fine as everything else downloaded fine but it appears that something is wrong with my version of the App Store. What would be the cause of this and how do I fix this?

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 6:54 AM

Click here and use the version linked in step 4.

(179386)

2 replies

Mar 12, 2020 4:20 AM in response to Niel

I tried several times to download directly from this link, but for reasons I can't figure out, the download was ridiculously slow at around 200-300 Kbps. It would not finish, which is what I was experiencing from the app store. I tried bypassing my airport extreme and plugged the ethernet directly into my mac, same thing. Then I used a hotspot from my iphone, and then it started working at around 1-2 Mbps. Still slow, but was able to download in around an hour. Once I was able to install El Capitan, i had no further issues with download speeds when completing all the other updates. Something was definitely interfering with the internet with Snow Leopard, just don't know what. I'm now updating to High Sierra. Thank you for you help!

Can’t update OS from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.