Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie and Zoom

Can Imovie replace multiple green screens in the the same shot? For example if I recorded a Zoom call and a few of the participants used a green screen can I replace just those?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 10:16 AM

I've not worked with Zoom. I take it that some of the people in the Zoom screen have green backgrounds behind them that you want to remove from the recording of the Zoom screen that you have placed into iMovie? Correct?

iMovie can do that. What you would need to do is to overlay the whole Zoom screen video over a pleasing background or photo, apply the Green Screen feature, and that should replace all of the green backgrounds with the chosen background. The background could be anything, such as a book case of books, or a mural, or trees. Different parts of the background would show through depending on the position on the Zoom screen of the person's image. This would be a very simple process and wouldn't require any sound syncing. If other people in the Zoom screen are wearing green in their clothing, that might be an issue, as the background would show through. You might want to do blue screen in that case.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 10:16 AM in response to Rebecca Bufis

I've not worked with Zoom. I take it that some of the people in the Zoom screen have green backgrounds behind them that you want to remove from the recording of the Zoom screen that you have placed into iMovie? Correct?

iMovie can do that. What you would need to do is to overlay the whole Zoom screen video over a pleasing background or photo, apply the Green Screen feature, and that should replace all of the green backgrounds with the chosen background. The background could be anything, such as a book case of books, or a mural, or trees. Different parts of the background would show through depending on the position on the Zoom screen of the person's image. This would be a very simple process and wouldn't require any sound syncing. If other people in the Zoom screen are wearing green in their clothing, that might be an issue, as the background would show through. You might want to do blue screen in that case.

-- Rich

IMovie and Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.