Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the AirPods Max “Headphone Accommodations” settings on a Mac via the Lightning to 3.5mm Audio Cable?

Can I use the AirPods Max “Headphone Accommodations” settings on a Mac (MacBook Pro with macOS Big Sur) by customizing the AirPods Max headphone audio levels on my iPhone 11 and then use the customized settings via the Lightning to 3.5mm Audio Cable?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Hello TechTran,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It's understandable to want to be able to use those accommodations on your Mac, and we'll explain.

Those features are only available on iOS 14 devices: Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad

Feel free to leave any feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 1:42 PM in response to TechTran

Hello TechTran,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It's understandable to want to be able to use those accommodations on your Mac, and we'll explain.

Those features are only available on iOS 14 devices: Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad

Feel free to leave any feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Kind regards.

Dec 31, 2020 9:26 AM in response to raina_b22

Hello raina_b22,

Thank you for the information that the AirPods Max “Headphone Accommodations” settings are only available on iOS 14 devices.

The document also states that "Headphone Accommodations supports Transparency mode on AirPods Pro, making quiet voices more audible and tuning the sounds of your environment to your hearing needs." Is this the case when you walk out of Bluetooth range from your iOS or iPadOS device, concerning AirPods Max "Headphone Accommodations" supporting Transparency mode.

Thank you,

Jan 1, 2021 12:37 PM in response to TechTran

Hi TechTran.

What transparency mode does, in a nutshell, is it feeds sound captured by the AirPods Pro or AirPods Max microphones back into the device's audio drivers which allows you to hear what is going on in the immediate vicinity along with whatever program material is playing via the Bluetooth audio stream. When you walk out of Bluetooth range, the program material will drop out but the sound from the mics should continue until the AirPods are turned off or the mode is changed.

Cheers.

Can I use the AirPods Max “Headphone Accommodations” settings on a Mac via the Lightning to 3.5mm Audio Cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.