Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Identical memories showing up multiple times in Photos for iOS 14.3

Hi all, I'm wondering if I am the only one with this issue.

After upgrading to iOS 14 (on 14.3 now and the issue is still there) I see multiple instances of the same "memories" in the Photos app.

For example, "Trip to X", or "My animals" etc appearing several times (even 4 or 5).

These memories contain the same pictures, so it's not like they refer to different events.

Is this a bug? Is it just iOS that duplicates memories if it doesn't have "enough" memories by itself? Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 1:14 AM

Answering again to my own thread in case anyone has the same question in the future.

I deleted the duplicate memories (For me > Memories > Show all > long press and then "delete"), the phone didn't recreate them, instead created new ones (from different events/days/photos), and the old duplicates didn't come back, so I guess deleting them solved the issue for me.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 1:14 AM in response to LS991

Answering again to my own thread in case anyone has the same question in the future.

I deleted the duplicate memories (For me > Memories > Show all > long press and then "delete"), the phone didn't recreate them, instead created new ones (from different events/days/photos), and the old duplicates didn't come back, so I guess deleting them solved the issue for me.

Identical memories showing up multiple times in Photos for iOS 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.