You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch - green phone icon

Hi

I have a new Apple Watch series 6 which, when after ending a call on my phone, still continues to display the green dot at the top to say I’m still on a call. On my previous Apple Watch this turned to red as soon as the call ended.

Can this be easily fixed? If tried unpairing and also resetting the watch but without success.

Your help is greatly appreciated

smcyork

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 6:45 AM

Hello Smcyork,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, thanks for joining. Based on your post, the Apple Watch Series 6 displays the green phone icon after ending a call. We'll do our best to assist with this.

It sounds like you've taken some good troubleshooting steps for this, nice work. If they didn't solve this, then we'd want to confirm where you see the phone icon. If this happens in Control Center, then this is expected behavior, since that displays that the Apple Watch is connected successfully to your iPhone.

If that's not the case, the only other suggestion we would have is to sign out of iCloud on your paired iPhone and then sign back in: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac under section, 'Sign out on your Apple Watch'.

Should it continue, let us know if you're seeing the green icon in Control Center or on the Home Screen of your Apple Watch.

Wishing you the best, take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 6:45 AM in response to Smcyork

Hello Smcyork,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, thanks for joining. Based on your post, the Apple Watch Series 6 displays the green phone icon after ending a call. We'll do our best to assist with this.

It sounds like you've taken some good troubleshooting steps for this, nice work. If they didn't solve this, then we'd want to confirm where you see the phone icon. If this happens in Control Center, then this is expected behavior, since that displays that the Apple Watch is connected successfully to your iPhone.

If that's not the case, the only other suggestion we would have is to sign out of iCloud on your paired iPhone and then sign back in: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac under section, 'Sign out on your Apple Watch'.

Should it continue, let us know if you're seeing the green icon in Control Center or on the Home Screen of your Apple Watch.

Wishing you the best, take care!

Apple Watch - green phone icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.