Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i have more than one apple id

our family consist of more than 6 ppl how can I add more to our family sharing

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 4:44 PM

You can have as many AppleIDs as you wish. But you can only use one at any given time on any device. So making another AppleID and iCloud account as the family share organizer won’t help you at all since you can only use one of those at any given time.

The family can split into two groups if someone else uses their AppleID to make the other group. But the two groups cannot share purchases across the groups as they are separate family shares. And the new group would lose access to those items available in the original family share as they’d no longer be part of that family.

There simply is no way to use family sharing with more than 6 member’s AppleIDs.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 4:44 PM in response to blackbutterfly24

You can have as many AppleIDs as you wish. But you can only use one at any given time on any device. So making another AppleID and iCloud account as the family share organizer won’t help you at all since you can only use one of those at any given time.

The family can split into two groups if someone else uses their AppleID to make the other group. But the two groups cannot share purchases across the groups as they are separate family shares. And the new group would lose access to those items available in the original family share as they’d no longer be part of that family.

There simply is no way to use family sharing with more than 6 member’s AppleIDs.

can i have more than one apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.