Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I phone 12 mini does not take screen shot as instructions say. It goes to emergency phone calls screen THIS SUCKS

How do I take screen shot on iPhone 12 mini? I pressed volume up and right side button at same time but it takes me to emergency phone call screen. Also tried volume down button and right button but got the same thing

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:12 PM

Hey there brandee148,

We understand you're having issues with taking a screenshot on your iPhone 12 mini, and we'd be happy to help!

To get started, when attempting to take a screenshot are you pressing and holding the Volume Up and Side Button, or are you pressing and quickly releasing? We ask as holding the buttons down should bring up the Emergency SOS slider, while pressing and quickly releasing should take a screenshot.

Check out this link for more details: Take a screenshot on your iPhone

Also, if you haven't let's try restarting your iPhone with the steps shown here as well: Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 8:12 PM in response to brandee148

Hey there brandee148,

We understand you're having issues with taking a screenshot on your iPhone 12 mini, and we'd be happy to help!

To get started, when attempting to take a screenshot are you pressing and holding the Volume Up and Side Button, or are you pressing and quickly releasing? We ask as holding the buttons down should bring up the Emergency SOS slider, while pressing and quickly releasing should take a screenshot.

Check out this link for more details: Take a screenshot on your iPhone

Also, if you haven't let's try restarting your iPhone with the steps shown here as well: Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated!

I phone 12 mini does not take screen shot as instructions say. It goes to emergency phone calls screen THIS SUCKS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.