Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in wrong albums iPad Air on iPadOS 14.3

I’ve just got the latest iPad Air and restored from a back up of my previous iPad Air. All appeared to be OK but then I was prompted to update to iPadOS 14.3. Now my photos are not all in the correct albums on the new Air (they re still in the correct albums on my old Air). E.g. I have photos from Christmas 2005 in one album but although that album has the correct number of photos (28), 13 of the photos in that album are now from other albums, e.g. summer holidays etc.

I can see on here that others have complained about this issue following previous iOS updates. Is there really no solution from Apple? Has anyone found a way to fix this without resorting to 3rd party apps?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:34 AM

After trying deleting one photo, syncing, putting the photo back and syncing again (didn’t even fix that folder) and deleting a whole folder syncing, putting it back and syncing again, I finally fixed it by creating a new top level folder and copying all the sub-folders into the new folder, then changing the sync location to be the new top level folder.

So that’s another 2 hours wasted on top of the 10 hours or so it took to get all my content off my old iPad onto my new iPad because Quick Start wouldn’t work as it was supposed to. Not impressed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 7:34 AM in response to Anne Mc

After trying deleting one photo, syncing, putting the photo back and syncing again (didn’t even fix that folder) and deleting a whole folder syncing, putting it back and syncing again, I finally fixed it by creating a new top level folder and copying all the sub-folders into the new folder, then changing the sync location to be the new top level folder.

So that’s another 2 hours wasted on top of the 10 hours or so it took to get all my content off my old iPad onto my new iPad because Quick Start wouldn’t work as it was supposed to. Not impressed.

Photos in wrong albums iPad Air on iPadOS 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.