Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why iPhone 12 pro videos so bright on my iMac when creating an i iMovies

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 10:12 AM

Hi, rmcleod207,

The brightness problem happens because iMovie does not yet support HDR videos that your iPhone exports. When you export you can select to disable HDR from the exported video, and then it will play normally in iMovie. Or you can turn off the HDR settings on your iPhone so that none of the future recordings will have HDR.

For HDR videos that you already have exported, you can re-export them from the QuickTimePlayer app to remove the HDR.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 10:12 AM in response to rmcleod207

Hi, rmcleod207,

The brightness problem happens because iMovie does not yet support HDR videos that your iPhone exports. When you export you can select to disable HDR from the exported video, and then it will play normally in iMovie. Or you can turn off the HDR settings on your iPhone so that none of the future recordings will have HDR.

For HDR videos that you already have exported, you can re-export them from the QuickTimePlayer app to remove the HDR.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.