Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy music from old ipad to new ipad

i got a new ipad air 6 for xmas love it .

i did a sync from the cloud using my existing ipad to tranfer info and everything seems to have come over except my music .

anyone know how to get my music

music is on my iphone xr and imac and old ipad but did not come over to new ipad

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 11:05 AM

Hey there dockyard,

We understand you're trying to get your music onto your new iPad. We'll be happy to help.

The way to do this will depend on where your music is from and if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match.

If this is purchased music from the iTunes Store, you can download it again using these steps: Redownload music

If your music is from other sources, like CDs, you can sync it to your iMac with this guide: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

If you use Apple Music or iTunes Match, use these steps: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

We hope this helps. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 11:05 AM in response to dockyard

Hey there dockyard,

We understand you're trying to get your music onto your new iPad. We'll be happy to help.

The way to do this will depend on where your music is from and if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match.

If this is purchased music from the iTunes Store, you can download it again using these steps: Redownload music

If your music is from other sources, like CDs, you can sync it to your iMac with this guide: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

If you use Apple Music or iTunes Match, use these steps: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

We hope this helps. Cheers!

copy music from old ipad to new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.