Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating new Apple ID & iCloud - can I still have access to my current iCloud mail?

Hello,

I am planning on buying a new MacBook soon. As I've had my current Apple ID (& iCloud email) for a long time, and since I was a teenager, I want to create a new Apple ID and use that on my new MacBook and iPhone.

I will of course will want to be able to access my current iCloud email when I create a new one - will this be a problem?

The only thing I think may be a problem is that my phone number is attached to my current iCloud, for security/verification, etc, so will obviously want to use it for my new one too. Is it possible to use the same number for 2 different accounts? If not, is it possible to have an iCloud email without a number associated with it? Ie, delete the phone number attached to my current iCloud and use it instead with the new one.

I hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance for any responses :)

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:57 AM

Creating a new ID is usually not a good idea. You can change the email that you use as your Apple ID without losing anything. See information in Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

7 replies

Dec 29, 2020 9:07 AM in response to FoxFifth

Can you explain further as to why you think it's not usually a good idea place? :)

I haven't got anything saved onto my current Apple ID that I can not transfer over to new one, so that isn't a worry for me.

My main concern is if accessing my current iCloud mail is going to be an issue or not.

Creating new Apple ID & iCloud - can I still have access to my current iCloud mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.