Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data usage

In my everlasting effort to understanding data usage on my iPhone why does my xfinity mobile app tell me I have used .06 gb while my phone cellular setting for the current period has my usage at 12gb? can anyone explain this.

Thanks,

Harvey

ps. I actually have a 12 . . . . not listed

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 2:52 PM

Because the iPhone display of cellular data is cumulative from the last time it was reset. The iPhone does not reset automatically, it has to be reset manually, and I'm thinking that the Xfinity app probably does reset based on your billing cycle.

3 replies

Dec 29, 2020 7:33 PM in response to harvdog

You can reset the iPhone counter anytime you wish, it is up to you. Set a reminder to do it on a certain day of the month, and set the reminder to repeat every month on that day. Up to you. I hardly ever reset mine, since most of my data use is wi-fi, and it does not count that, so it doesn't really matter to me. I also have unlimited data on AT&T so I'm okay.

Data usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.