Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro : 4K video exported from iMovie only reflected as 1080p video on youtube

I made a video using iMovie on my iPhone 12 Pro and saved a copy in original resolution f 4K at 60fps. The original source videos for this project were all 4K at 60fps videos and also the final video that was rendered from iMovie on my iPhone 12 Pro. I confirmed the video details (resolution, fps etc.) using other apps (eg Google Photos).

I uploaded the final video to YouTube using the YouTube app on my iPhone 12 Pro. I understand that YouTube takes some time in processing the uploaded videos to its full resolution, but the maximum Quality option that YouTube displayed for this video was only 1080p60 (i.e. Full HD at 60 fps). I checked back after a couple days, assuming maybe the processing to 4K takes more time than I thought, but to no avail. How can I upload the 4K video (rendered from iMovie on iPhone 12 Pro) to YouTube at its full original resolution?

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:41 PM

I was able to resolve this issue. The uploads option in the YouTube App itself needs to be changed. In the YouTube app go to Profile -> Settings -> UPLOADS -> Upload quality -> Full Quality

1 reply

iPhone 12 Pro : 4K video exported from iMovie only reflected as 1080p video on youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.