Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time for Different Devices

Hi,

I want my kids to have different screen time limits on different devices. For example, my daughter has 3 Apple products: a MacBook, an iPod Touch and an iPad. I want her to not have any restrictions on her iPod Touch, but have 1.5 hr on each other device (MacBook and iPad). However, since she signs in with the same Apple ID on these, when I change her settings in one device, it changes in all. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 10:46 PM

4 replies

Dec 31, 2020 5:03 PM in response to seda274

Hello seda274,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're looking for options to vary the restrictions per device for your children. Looking over the articles below, we haven't been able to find any indication that this can be done. From what we've read, it appears the restrictions and limitations are set for the child but not per device, so the restrictions are consistent across all devices signed into by your child.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use Screen Time on your Mac

Best regards.

Screen Time for Different Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.