Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement WITHOUT Apple Care due to Light Bleeding defect? iPad Pro 12.9 (2017)

Hello everyone,

My ipad has developed bright lights on the side which are progressively getting worse and multiplying. It started as just one and now there are three just a month later.

The thing is that I barely use my ipad and when I do it is not set on a bright light and it is always sat on my desk. It has an Apple Keyboard if this makes a difference and the lights seem to be appearing on the side where it attaches.

I am a freelance illustrator and rely on it to complete certain tasks and this light tends to be distracting to my eye.

Unfortunately my Apple Care is finished.

The issue I have with this defect is that it is not considered one despite the fact that upon searching my model and light bleed it is a VERY common issue.

I'd really like to get in contact with someone who can help me get a replacement without having to pay 600 euro for a new one for no reason (mine is literally like new and I have bought protective film for drawing and a skin for it which would go to waste). Or at least some guidance on whether this is a possibility at all.

I live in Milano, Italy.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Iliyana

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 12:35 PM

You would need to contact Apple support in yout country and plead your case with them.

You can find links to your Italy location by tapping on the Contact Support link at the top right hand corner of every Webpage of these supoort communities.

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

1 reply

Replacement WITHOUT Apple Care due to Light Bleeding defect? iPad Pro 12.9 (2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.