Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch but responsive

Just a year into use my Ipad Air 2 stopped responding totally. Apple care store diagnosed it as a motherboard failure caused by no specific reason! I was also told Ipads cannot be repaired in India! The solution to my problem would be a replacement device of the same configuration for the cost of repair around Rs. 20,000. Not convinced I returned.

A couple of months down I randomly plugged in the Ipad to the charging socket. Surprised it started charging and the screen also lit up. I was happy that my iPad resurrected from its grave following a motherboard failure, soon to realize that the touch wasn't responding this time. 

I was back at the service center hoping for a better reply this time. They shocked me again, this time I got to know that

• the device still cannot be repaired in India!!
  • there are no repair costs for the iPad. Any non-functioning Ipad is replaced at replacement cost fixed by Apple and for my device it was Rs. 29,450!!! 
  • and shock did not end there - the cost of a newer Ipad on Apple website today is Rs. 29,900!!

So at the end of this saga, I was perplexed and decided to write seeking some answers.

• How can Apple sell a product in India and not make provisions to repair it? 
  • Street-side repair shops with uneducated 'engineers' can repair Apple products but Apple engineers in India cannot! 
  • It doesn't make sense that the only option Apple gives me is a replacement for any hardware malfunction. And that too at the cost of a new Ipad. 
  • How can the replacement cost of an outdated device be the same as the cost of a newer model listed on your website? 

Awaiting a more logical answer and solution to my problem. 

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 7:57 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately there is not much else we can do to help you. If your iPad is experiencing a hardware problem and it is outside of its warranty then the only way to replace this iPad would be to pay for a replacement or purchase a new iPad.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 3, 2020 8:14 PM in response to Kr_meda

Also, FYI,

No direct Apple employees are here.

These are Apple product customer/user to user technical support communities.

We are all, largely, just Apple product customers/users, just like you!

There is nothing anyone here can do for you.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

If no one posts feedback to Apple, Apple will have NO clue that there are any types of issues with their hardware or software products!

Also, I STRONGLY suggest contacting/reaching out, directly, to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with a more amiable/amenable solution to your iPad issues, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, AT LEAST, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Touch but responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.