Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received faulty iPad

Hi all. I recently bought an iPad Air 5, last month. When I first opened the box and peeled the paper off the screen, I noticed there were fingerprints on the screen. I wasn’t too worried at this point and assumed it would still work as normal. I was wrong. I had many issues with the touch screen, colours being distorted and the swipe up feature not responding properly. I contacted Apple multiple times and the solution was to send it off for evaluation. Now I’m told my options are either repair the faulty device or receive a refurbished replacement. I am extremely disappointed and I’ve been in contact with Apple support for hours. I think it’s extremely unfair since it is not my fault I received a faulty device and surely it should be replaced with a brand new one like I paid for? What are my options?

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 10:46 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Nov 17, 2022 11:41 AM in response to ada1999

ada1999 wrote:

I bought it on the Apple store online so I had to contact them that way, the nearest Apple store to me is 4 hours away

All you needed to do was ask them how to return the item and get your money back. It sounds like, instead of doing that, you asked for technical support. I realize this doesn't help much this time around but, should this ever happen again, just call and arrange for the return. You didn't need a reason prior to 14 days. You didn't need permission. You just needed a label.

Now, you've let it go beyond that and your options are what Apple gave you. Consider it a lesson learned.

Nov 17, 2022 11:00 AM in response to ada1999

ada1999 wrote:

I had been in contact the day after I received the iPad but was not given the option of returning it until I really persisted and they agreed to take it for evaluation, which was around 3 weeks after

Within 14 days, you don't need any permissions. You just take it back and get your money back. Now that you're past 14 days, it will be treated as a repair.

Received faulty iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.