Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this apple protocol?

I had recently purchased an apple IPad 5th Gen from apple, however after only two hours of use the I pad kept heating up in a matter of seconds to the point I could not touch it. I tries restarting it and multiple fixes, but to no avail. After I had brought it into the apple store the first man I had showed it to told me we can replace the Ipad no problem, just wait 10 minutes and someone will come with a new Ipad. However, I waited 30 minutes and no one came, so I asked another employee, who was very aggressive. He repeatedly told me he had no idea what I was talking about, because I was not in the system, and even when I pointes to the employee who signed me in, he told me to "improve my communication" skills because I obviously had not signed in properly. It got to the point where another employee had to step in and apologize to me stating he is usually like this. I am not a very belligerent person and very understanding of employees as I to work minimum wage in college, but he was extremely rude and hostile for no reason, not to mention he had profanity on his tablet he was showing me. The man who intervened then said he had no Ipads in stock, so he could only order me an I pad, but then preceded to charge me more money in order to exchange the faulty Ipad under warranty, I am so confused why this happened, and the whole experience as a whole has been very stressful as I am a college student paying my own tuition and Ive wasted so much money (including the 40 minute uber ride there and back), why should I pay for an exchange if the Ipad was faulty?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 1:41 PM

As indicated, this is a user forum. But, you can return any device to Apple within 14 days for a full refund. You could then purchase a new one.

Similar questions

3 replies

Is this apple protocol?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.