Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I return an iPad with a line through the screen

I got my refurbished iPad pro 12.9 4th generation on October 7 and on October 10 Around 7pm I had a line running through the screen, It’s a permanent line running from the top speaker grill (next to camera) all the way Down to the bottom speaker grill (next to usb c port). I’ve already tried restarting my iPad and going through diagnostics with apple support, and apple support started a service request to send my iPad to be repaired, they said a box would be here in 2 days, and it’s supposed to be here today… we’ll it’s not, so I started looking up stuff about send-in apple repairs and ended up on some repair horror stories.

some info > the iPad hasn’t moved off of my desk since I got it, I bought AppleCare+ with it, my main input is a Apple Pencil (I don’t press hard), and the screen is not cracked is just has a line running through it.

my question is

should I let them repair it or should I return it? And would they accept it with a line running through it

sorry for the long ramble and bad grammar, I’m just trying to get this out here while having a panic attack.. I mean I just bought this and it’s already broken before I could do work on it and have it pay itself off

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 8:37 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 12, 2021 8:46 PM in response to XDCOMET

Was the line there when you first got it? At any rate you have to let them inspect it. They will let you know if it’s eligible to be returned/exchanged. Otherwise your only option may be a repair. Not sure about horror stories. I’ve never had an issue but I haven’t had your problem either. Seems like CS would be able to tell you if a refund is possible or if service is your only option.

Can I return an iPad with a line through the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.