Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightening Connector Earphones Using Bluetooth

why does my lightening connector earphones need Bluetooth? Every time I want to use my earphones I need to connect it to Bluetooth despite it being plugged into my phone. I recently bought a new earphone since my older one is on its death bed and the older one never gave this issue, it would play normally and never needed a Bluetooth connection, however this newer earphones of the same type needs Bluetooth connection. why is this so?

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:28 PM

Hi zanele82,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the Bluetooth feature needs to be turned on in order to use your EarPods with Lightning Connector. We'll be happy to help.

You can use the EarPods with Lightning Connector without having the Bluetooth feature turned on for your iPhone. By any chance, have you tried restarting your iPhone to see if that helps? If not, let's go ahead and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone This can help resolved unexpected behavior.

In addition, you can temporarily turn Airplane Mode on and turn it off again: Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 2:28 PM in response to zanele82

Hi zanele82,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the Bluetooth feature needs to be turned on in order to use your EarPods with Lightning Connector. We'll be happy to help.

You can use the EarPods with Lightning Connector without having the Bluetooth feature turned on for your iPhone. By any chance, have you tried restarting your iPhone to see if that helps? If not, let's go ahead and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone This can help resolved unexpected behavior.

In addition, you can temporarily turn Airplane Mode on and turn it off again: Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

Jan 2, 2021 6:30 AM in response to zanele82

zanele82,

Thanks for getting back to us. Were you able to follow the previously advised step of temporarily turning on Airplane Mode and turning it off to see if that helps?

Also, let's make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest version of the iOS software. This helps provide software improvements on your device: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

Lightening Connector Earphones Using Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.