Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 set up

I just received my iPhone 12 with the new SIM card? I have not yet inserted the new SIM card into my iPhone which is off. Can I first transfer all data from my old 6S plus iPhone to my new iPhone 12 and then insert the new SIM card into my iPhone 12?

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 12:57 PM

anjali268 wrote:

I just received my iPhone 12 with the new SIM card? I have not yet inserted the new SIM card into my iPhone which is off. Can I first transfer all data from my old 6S plus iPhone to my new iPhone 12 and then insert the new SIM card into my iPhone 12?

No, you need to insert sim into the 12 and get it activated and then transfer data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 12:57 PM in response to anjali268

anjali268 wrote:

No, you need to insert sim into the 12 and get it activated and then transfer data.

iPhone 12 set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.