Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using gift cards for family sharing

Is there a way to use "gift cards" for the payment method on a Family Sharing setup? I don't want to leave a credit/debit card on file where Apple can slam me with hidden fees and charges. I'd prefer to have limited finds that I can update as needed (it's how I use iTunes for music). Not that I don't trust Apple, I just don't trust Apple.

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 2:01 PM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Niel

Not much use then. Not that I buy much anyway (mainly Vocaloid and Touhou Doujin music on iTunes, which I copy over to my primary Linux system anyway).

Of course, I tried setting it up on a MBP, and when I decided not to continue with the setup, the stupid, stubborn, arrogant application *****WON'T***** let me exit it, and demands I fill out the CC information. Guess I'll have to force power-off the machine (and if it scrambles MacOS, oh well, I don't use the MBP for *real* work).

Using gift cards for family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.