Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messenger: Enlarging of Emoji

My family whom I FBM chat with can enlarge any emoji they wish and attach to FBM chat by holding down that emoji until it grows to size they want. I can only enlarge one emoji (the alien) and only when it appears to the right of the text entry field can I hold it down and enlarge it. I can’t get any of the other emoticons to appear to the right of the text entry field to enlarge it or enlarge it by holding it down when in the emoji list. I have the latest available version of iOS and the latest available version of messenger. See attached pic might explain things a little more. I’ve tried this on iPhone, iPod touch and IPad. Stay safe all!! 😷

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 2:08 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2021 2:07 PM in response to Chris_D13

Thank you @chris_D13 for taking the time to answer .. I have since found out that in the group chat settings there is an “emoji” field that allows one emoji to be set for the group. That emoji is the only one that can be enlarged and only in the chat for that group. Mystery solved. 🙂 But I will keep in mind the messenger help information you posted for future issues. Thank you again & best wishes. Stay safe 😷

Messenger: Enlarging of Emoji

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.