Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a apple watch series 4 and I try to pair it to my iPhone 6s and it says your iPhone is not up to date, and so I update my iPhone to iOS 12.5 but it still doesn't s work

I just got a apple watch series 4 and I try to pair it to my iPhone 6s and it says your iPhone is not up to date, and so I update my iPhone to iOS 12.5 but it still doesn't s work

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 2:10 AM

If your phone will only update to ios12 then you have an iphone 6 not a 6s and an iphone 6 will not pair with an apple watch 4 because the watch needs a phone with at least ios13,and if the watch has WatchOS7 then you need ios14 on the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 2:10 AM in response to Gabe1333

If your phone will only update to ios12 then you have an iphone 6 not a 6s and an iphone 6 will not pair with an apple watch 4 because the watch needs a phone with at least ios13,and if the watch has WatchOS7 then you need ios14 on the phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.