Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot pair apple watch series 7 with iphone 6s

I just received an apple watch series 7. When I try to pair it with my iphone 6s, the phone says my iphone is out of date. When I tap the "update now" button, the phone changes to the software update screen, which says "your software is up to date. iOS 12.5.5

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 5:15 PM

iOS 12.5.5 is not compatible with an Apple Watch Series 7. Unfortunately according to your device description, you actually own an iPhone 6, not an iPhone 6s.

An Apple Watch Series 7 requires an iPhone capable of using iOS 15. Since you have an iPhone 6 which is not capable of using iOS 15, you will be unable to pair the Apple Watch Series 7.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 5:15 PM in response to junkshot2

iOS 12.5.5 is not compatible with an Apple Watch Series 7. Unfortunately according to your device description, you actually own an iPhone 6, not an iPhone 6s.

An Apple Watch Series 7 requires an iPhone capable of using iOS 15. Since you have an iPhone 6 which is not capable of using iOS 15, you will be unable to pair the Apple Watch Series 7.

I cannot pair apple watch series 7 with iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.